Heroin Effects on Your Life and Your Lifestyle
There are many heroin effects that people may not necessarily think about when they consider heroin addiction. For one thing, you have the obvious physical effects on the body, such as track marks, infections from needles, weight loss, and so on. But there are other effects from heroin as well, that you may not have considered yet:
1) Lifestyle – If you do heroin for even a short period of time it will start to rapidly change your lifestyle. This is going to occur whether you want it to or not. Some people think that they can sneak out, buy their drug, and keep it stashed away and hidden from everyone, going on about their life as if normal. This may work for a short time but eventually the drug will start to change you. For example, eating habits, fitness and nutrition, and spiritual pursuits will all start to lose priority in your life. The drug becomes the most important thing and most of your time will be spent getting it, using it, or thinking about it. This has a profound effect on your overall lifestyle.
2) Friends – If you continue to use heroin then your friends will change. Most people fight this at first but as you continue to use the drug it becomes less and less convenient to associate with others who are not using heroin. Thus your friendships will slowly change and obviously this will have a profound effect on your life. For better or worse, your friends who do not use heroin will fall by the wayside, and you will slowly replace them with heroin users.
3) Fun – What do heroin addicts do for fun? Take a wild guess. This goes back to lifestyle changes of course, because eventually, you won’t look forward to doing anything other than shooting heroin. For a short while, you might have fun doing an activity while high on heroin, bet eventually you will become trapped in the cycle that demands that the only way you can be happy is if you are high on heroin.
4) Priorities – Your friends change, what you do for fun changes, what else changes? Pretty much everything. Nothing is as important any more when you are on heroin. Family, relationships, spirituality, fitness, none of it. It all falls by the wayside as the drug takes over your life.
5) Homeless – Eventually, things like paying bills simply become a nuisance when you could be getting high instead, so you will want to ditch whatever form of shelter you use. It is much easier to keep heroin habit going when you don’t have annoying bills to pay.