Thread: Help

Help

I want to stop taking tabs but have been taking them 4 so long now dont know where to start!!!! Can anyone tell me the way to get off on the right foot?

That best way I know, is to go to a treatment or rehab center. I know that that is not always possible. But it's what I finally did. And it was awsome! This Sat. the
    3rd will be my 6 mo. sobriety date. They can get you on suboxen. You will have almost no withdrawl symptoms. I have to go for now but I will post again later. Please think about rehab! It is the best way to go!

Cant do that

I cant do the rehab thing. I am doin this alone because my husband is just as bad on them but he does not want a change. I am just really sick of lookin for pills all the time. I have been clean for 3 days now, I am doin better than I thought I would. te only things is MY HANDS they will not stop shakin and I have no entergy at all!!! Will things get amy better? Please if you know anything that will help let me know I am up for doin whatever as long as I can stay clean for my little girl. PLEASE HELP

LouLou2, YES, Things well get better. But it could take some time. Drink alot of water and take ibuprofen and tylenol alternating. Sleep as much as possible. It well start to get better on day 5 or 6. Keep us posted on your journey to freedom!

It has too

Quote Originally Posted by CJB View Post
    LouLou2, YES, Things well get better. But it could take some time. Drink alot of water and take ibuprofen and tylenol alternating. Sleep as much as possible. It well start to get better on day 5 or 6. Keep us posted on your journey to freedom!
    I have a 10 year old little girl and I know what it is to have a mother that stays messed up ALL THE TIME!!!!!! I just dont want to have her feel toward me as I do my mother. Everyone is tryin me but as of tonight I am still clean. THANK GOD FOR THAT. I just want to do things right.thank u for all ur advice. Keep it coming.

LouLou2, Are you still reading? Are you still clean? I hope all is well for you!

Hey LouLou
    I relate to some of what you are saying. I am 4 days sober and I had tried to quit at various times for the last 10 years. I can be honest now and admit that all those times I never really wanted to quit 100%, I was hanging on by a thread to the love of my life( alcohol). I just desperately wanted to keep it in my life no matter what, no matter how much I was hurting people I loved. I thought I could control it every time. I never could, that is because I have the disease of addiction. I can see clearly now why I was not able to do it alone . The only way I see that I can do it now is by having constant support from people who understand the disease or the addiction. They know what to say to me and they know how to listen to me without judgement. I was drinking initially as a band aid to my very deep seeded problem of jealousy and discontentment with myself. I still feel these feelings , but I am trying to face them now with guidance from AA and the twelve steps. I don't feel wonderful but I know things can get better and I want to improve my quality of life. I am worth it. Keep posting , you are helping others in their quest to sobriety when you do.

Hi,

How about an NA meeting as a starting point?

http://www.na.org/

See a doctor, too, because you may need a medical detox where they give you "step-down" drugs wo wean you off your substance more comfortably. That is what I had to do.

Hang in there, Sweety. . .

Join my addiction site. It's new and there is support, too. You can be anonymous. Everyone there is in recovery and full of compassionate help.

My Site: http://addictionhelp4u.blogspot.com/

Virtual hugs,

Jenn