Really need to stop taking drugs just can't

i have a girlfriend a baby daughter who i love lods, a job a car, 2 families that love us both. i was addicted to drugs before i had this and i worked hard to get a life, but now i want to go a step further and give up the drug taking, my family deserves it but i can't. i know how much life could get even better but i can't stop for any decent amount of time. i always relapse. any suggestions please help

It sounds like you have alot going positive for you in your life and it's your motivationt to want to quit the drugs. Do you mind me asking what particular drug(s) you are using and how often? Is your girlfriend also using? Sorry to bombard you with questions, just trying to get an idea for the type of support system you have in place.

The first step is to admit that you need help and you just did that here. Don't worry about the previous relaspe, it's a new day and a second chance. Even if it's a third of fourth chance, keep trying until you succeed!! You can do it. There are some wonderful people on this forum that are very supportive and helpful and it's a great place to come when you just need to vent or need a little extra support. I hope you find it useful as well!
    Serena

"When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top"

Hello,I came across this forum and decided to register. I never thought of myself having an addiction before now and I guess just wanted some input. I have always drank but never to the point of ever getting in trouble or anything.I have been very depressed lately and have been talking to a therapist who immediately wanted me to start taking an anti depressant,but as of now I have not. I have degenerative disc disease and have been taking 2 (750) vicodin a day for about 2 years. About 6 months ago I switched to vicuprofen which are also 750's but the dosage is increased to 4 every day,I never have taken more than prescribed but feel that I take them for the buzz and not the pain.I have almost completely stopped drinking alcohol and if I think I am going to drink I will only take 1 or 2 of the pills.

I have had my own business for the past 12 years and have been successful until the last month which I basically have spent at home doing nothing,I just cant motivate myself to do anything,I know exercise is probably my cure all,but I just can't seem to get started. I am not overweight,I eat pretty healthy,I have no family at all besides a brother and a son who is 19. I know my situation is nothing like most people who have addiction but I guess i just wanted someone else's opinion,Thanks for reading!

Hi David! I can say that if you believe you are taking the Vicodin for the buzz rather than they pain....you are probably correct. I also felt as though I didn't have an addiction because I took only my pills as prescribed. But I ended up taking them for 10 years everyday. Even at a low dose, your body can become dependant. And you won't realize it until your pill free that it actually does affect your body and your mind. I feel sooooo relieved now that I am not taking my hydro's anymore. I have been lifted out of a fog. The pills do not control my life anymore. I started an antidepressant the week following my withdrawals...it was a great thing. I didn't think I was depressed either, but now I'm wondering. They have actually helped me. Just try them at your doctor's request...if you don't like them or don't think they are doing anything for you, you can always stop them. We have a main thread that I would encourage you to post on and read, it's called How to Beat Hydrocodone Addiction. Go back to some of the older posts and work your way up. Also, Patrick has some great articles out there. Good luck and please continue posting or let us know if you have any questions or just want to talk!! We are here!!
    Serena

"When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top"

I was also a former drug addict from other parts of the world are in Asia. Thank God, I was given the opportunity to find a way of healing and the realization that all I had done before was wrong. In my country, herbal medicine has been widely used for healing and clinically tested herbal remedies proven to cure and is already enrolled in government health institutions, so I'm not worried about taking it to try to recover.
    The advantages of therapy with a drug dependence treatment HERBAL ANTI NARCOTICS Herbs include: relatively short treatment time, the cost is affordable, effective treatment success, and can be done alone at home without having to be isolated.

Thank God ... Thanks God ... I wish I could share the healing with everyone in the world ... amen