Page 45 of 83 First ... 35434445464755 ... Last

I got a walk in with the boys & dogs this afternoon. The dogs are making great personal trainers for my couch potato sons. All I have to do is yell "SQUIRREL!" and they all go running

Hey back at you Sylvane! I admire you for biking - not sure I would have the courage with all the traffic out there. Great to hear that both of you went. I haven't managed to persuade my hubby to join me in this challenge, but I'm keeping it up in spite of the pollen count. Using my neti pot as I mentioned, only to read about people dying from bacteria in the tap water ....geez, yet another thing to worry about.

Interesting article on the benefits of even small amounts of exercise:

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/0...-us-feel-good/
    Your history is not your destiny .... it is only part of your story

Hi everyone, I am still walking everyday just have not made the time to post.

Sylvane, I am sorry to hear about your boy not feeling well. My dogs have all been valued family members and I loved them all. I feel your pain and hope he gets well soon. Be sure to take lots of pictures of him with your family members if you don't have any, they are great to have when you need them. I will say a prayer for you and especially him to feel better soon. Take care.

Good evening all.... Just checking in since I missed checking in yesterday. Yesterday was my kettle bell class. It was a great workout. I have the hang of it so now it is a stress reliever rather than adding more stress trying to figure out the movements..... And the best part after my four weeks, my posture has improved. I also was able to walk the dog 40 minutes tonight....we have to go out later now with the time change.....if it's still light out she is dragging me trying to get the squirrels.....I can't afford to pull a shoulder out.
    Hope everyone is well. Sylvane.... prays for you & your buddy. Take care all!

Doing yard work and walking today for my workout.

Julie, if you are concerned about using tap water, buy a gallon of distilled water at the grocery store to use with your neti pot or boil your tap water before using it. I use a reverse osmosis filter for my drinking water to remove all the toxins especially fluoride. They are not very expensive or you could buy a good quality water filter like a Big Berkey or a ProPur.

Sylvane, you are right, something is wrong with people that don't understand feelings associated with animals. Anyone that spends time around animals knows they all have different personalities, feelings, and are capable of much more than most give them credit for. There is nothing that compares to the unconditional love we get from our companion animals. Hope your little one is feeling better today.
    Last edited by Ken1; 03-24-2012 at 10:29 AM.

Got some yard work done today...yes! Feels great to have double tasked!
    Also took the dog for a long walk before the rain hit!
    Julie, I didn't know what a neti pot was.... But now I do...can't see people dying from tap water in it....we brush our teeth in it for goodness sake. My doctor always says quit getting your medical information from the net. This may be one of those times.
    John, thanks for sticking with us. This forum does give us "something to challenge us" - keeps me not only motivated but gives me something to do! Remember that sweetie.
    Oh, I need to confess that I took the kids to a cupcake shop tonight...had my first cupcake in forever. It was wedding cake...pretty yummy with a chai latte coffee. So a little extra workout tomorrow.
    Just wanted to say thanks to everyone staying on this exercise train!
    And Erin, you are so blessed.... Baby on earth, parent in heaven....on sunny days with beautiful white clouds in the sky, I talk to my dad all day....he died two days before my baby was born....that was nine years ago today!

I did make it to pilates Thurs. but yesterday was a bust. These stupid meds I'm on are reeking havoc on my emotions. Thank goodness they're done this weekend. Anyway back to day 1. I will be working around the house & yard all weekend but am also going to get everyone to the park each day.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

My mouth is watering thinking about wedding cake cupcakes and chai latte coffee .... yum.

Fiona - sorry to hear you're off kilter. At least the meds are coming to an end and you'll get outside - working in the yard kind of centers me.

It's raining here and I'm proud of myself for mowing yesterday in anticipation of being inside this weekend. Kickboxing this morning, so exercise is out of the way today...check!

Hope you guys all have a great weekend!
    Your history is not your destiny .... it is only part of your story

Good morning all! So much for extra exercise yesterday to work off the wedding cake cupcake (yes I wrote it again....it was amazing. I only walked the dog and some Spring organizing around the house.

Fiona, hope you are feeling better.
    Sylvane, are you liking kettle bell yet? It is a brutal workout but I feel so good after my class.

Hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful weekend!

Checking in for today. Took the kids and the dog to the park today and was able to get in a video workout today!
    Sylvane, I think I aggrevated my neck walking the dog a few weeks back too!
    Hope everyone had a great weekend and that you were all excersizing sooooo much that you didn't have time or the stregth to post
    Take care.

Hello everyone... first off, Sylvane, you are NOT bugging anyone... you're doing what the rest of us are supposed to be doing. For me, work has been busy. Not so busy that I can't/don't make time to come here and read the posts, but I don't really feel like I have much support to offer right now, so work is busy enough to keep me from posting. lol

I'm on Day 13. Haven't given up, although I'm hitting that wall again where I want to. It really helps when I read the main "How to Stop Drinking" forum and read your posts there, because even though I'm not trying to stop drinking, I have plenty of other vices, bad habits and hardships that I'm currently trying to "white knuckle" through. Exercise is one of them. I want to reach the point where I enjoy it, and sometimes I just plain don't. But I'm this far into it, and I'm not giving up. I'm going to SUCK IT UP, BUTTERCUP!

Everyone... have a great day, would ya?!

Good morning all. Wasn't able to "workout" yesterday. Did some things around the house but didn't even break a sweat. Didn't even walk the dog. I am mad at myself. I think I need a break to figure out a better plan.
    Sylvane, Good for you to sticking with it!
    I will check back in when I get myself back on track.

So was everyone here on prednisone too? Awful stuff. Won't take it again unless its life or death. Or maybe its the moon or pollen. Whatever it is that has this thread a lil cranky, listen up. The working out is suppose to be a challenge, not challenging. Everybody cut yourself some slack. If the best you do today is park the car a little further away from the grocery store door, than you've done something. And doing something is always better than doing nothing. We aren't training for the Olympics, we are just trying to be the best US we can be. Thats all anyone can ask of us, especially ourselves. Life is much easier when we build ourselves up instead of beat ourselves up. So for today do what you can, and tomorrow do just a little bit more.

Hang in there, you all are truly beautiful, wonderful, amazing people!!!!!! Don't EVER forget it!!!!

Good morning! Sylvane, I love the attitude, and Fiona, thank you for the pep talk! lol I pep-talked myself all yesterday and this morning, too, and pushed my self a little harder this morning than I have been. I feel really good right now. Sue posted a link to a blog at zenhabits.net a few days ago, and I've been looking at it here and there and I really like that guy's thinking! Yesterday I read one that really motivated me. It was about being aware of what you're doing at all times. Actually putting thought into what you're eating, what you're doing, what you're thinking, what you're saying, etc. It's crazy how much of my life I run on auto pilot. Just making a conscious effort to BE conscious is already making a big difference in my day and my overall thinking.

This was the article I read: http://zenhabits.net/watch/, but I also found this one that is very much along the same lines: http://zenhabits.net/conscious/.

Anyway... 2 week mark for me! Day 14!

Beth, be easy on yourself... you've been sticking with this just as much as everyone else. I know how you feel, you rack up some progress and then it ticks you off that one day of "not feeling it" starts you all over again... but remember, if you think about how many days you've exercised in the past month, it's probably way more than you normally would do in a month. That's still progress! (It's way easier for me to be easy on you. )

Have a wonderful day, everyone...

Great to see everyone still posting on the forum! Millie? Where are you?
    I was on a good health kick for awhile there, 62 days of no drinking, working out and lost like 20lbs since Thanksgiving. However, I started to slip this month, drinking and making unhealthy choices for food and exercise...just kinda lost my mojo.
    Hopefully the shakes will wear off and I can get a light walk in...so Day 1, here we go!

>hugz Erin< Thanks for remembering me

Glad to have you back, Housefly! lol Keep your head up, girl!! ((((hugs back at ya))))

Erin I liked the link. It reminded me of a question I read recently on how we spend our energy..."Are you working toward who you are meant to be, or fighting against that who you do not wish to be?
    Okay now that I type it it sounds like Shakespeare "To Be or Not to Be, that is the question?" Either way I guess its still valid.

Hi everyone. Here’s something that might be of interest to forum members. I was at my chiropractor’s clinic today and I saw a sign about a new initiative from the Chiropractors’ Association of Australia called ‘Just Start Walking’!

In addition to their website, the Association has produced a free mobile phone application that can track your walks via GPS, log walking history, share walks with friends on-line and find walking events in your local area.

The application is available for iPhone and android devices. I’ve downloaded it, and although I haven’t used it on a walk yet, I wanted to let people know in case it could be of some help. Have a great sober day.

http://www.juststartwalking.com.au/c...wnload-the-app

I managed a 30 minute walk last evening. Today was much better and got a nice long ride in during my lunch break Also came home and mowed the grass, that should count too! Been slacking on the weights, so might squeeze in an upper body workout later. The good news, no drinking and eating healthy again

Good morning, all! Day 16 for me... I wasn't on here yesterday to report, but I'm still in the game! Life is good, getting much better, and so is my attitude... and I am a happy girl today.

I hope all of you Shakespeareans have a great day. lol

Page 45 of 83 First ... 35434445464755 ... Last