Day1 all morning I have been reading these amazing posts you have a beautiful community and I am so thank ful to have found it. I have been wanting to stop drinking for some time now. I know I can't do it alone and see myself reflected in so many of the posts. I am really sick of the haze followed by the guilt, yesterday I drank a whole bottle of vodka and the day before 2 bottles of wine. I buzzed around doing the garden and a million other weekend chores, kidding myself that if I can still function in that way I don't really have a problem but I do. My husband works away during the week and I have slowly been drinking more and more thinking that no one knows about it but me it's still a secret. I hold down a very stressful job and have a beautiful 5 yo daughter, this morning I had to walk her to school because I still felt under the influence. I have this week off work which is a blessing, but in the past that would mean I could drink even more than I do before a work day. I feel like new things I want to achieve creatively are so blocked and drenched in alcohol. I want to get back to my spirit and feel alive again. This is a huge but wonderful challenge to stay sober and I already feel supported knowing I can read your kind and supportive words namaste x

I'm here Bill and Dragonfly. Five months for me today! I still read daily and occassionaly put my two cents worth.
    It certainly did get alot quieter here. Come on everyone, just check in and let us know how you're doing.
    Welcome Jacx-recognizing that you want to stop drinking is a huge step in this road to what a wonderful life being sober can be.

Welcome Jacx,
    This forum is a huge support and help. You are in the right place.
    Good luck with day 2 and so on..

Christy..five months....that is sooooo awesome!!!

I'm one of those " poof" gone guys, and it wasn't b/c I conquered drinking, it's because I progressed and never even got a couple days away from the bottle w/o failing. But in the progression ( a fifth of vodka a day), I've learned what so many have shared.... it only gets worse if you don't quit w/ decision, Strategy, and support ON HERE! Massive Change, like Patrick said.. Day 1 again.. I love you guys.

Welcome SheRa, jacx and Danny. Hope you find the support you need here.

I am back to day 1 again. I have no excuse because I have always been good at declining drinks in public but I just ordered a beer while out with friends. My guilt bothered me so that I didn't finish it and then declined the offer of another. I needed to tell you all this so I can begin to get over the depressing feeling of failure.
    I hope you all are doing great.

Day 1 again !!
    Last edited by Kat; 11-13-2011 at 11:03 PM.

[B]Thank you guys for the warm welcome!!!!!
    I am at the pointy end of day 1 when I usually sit on the verandah with a wine. But have been thinking about all the posts I have read today and feel happy to be having a sober evening. Kat dont be too hard on yourself you did great to refuse a second drink let's get to day 2 together you too Danny xx. Hope everyone is having some peace right now xx so nice to meet you all xx

Hello everyone! I have to come here and say that although I don't post here...I read all of your words (I post on the other thread and know some of you from the 30 day challenge).

My husband quit drinking on the same day that I took my last hydro and although he is not on this forum I wanted to say congratulations to him!! The two of us hit our 90 day mark last week!! Both of us are free from any pills or alcohol! Just had to share as I am extremely proud of him!! Thanks for listening!
    Serena

"When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top"

Congratulations, Serena! That is amazing, and you are very lucky to have
    him! Keep up the good work!

I am here though I have been posting less. I had a quiet, sober long weekend. I must say, I am overcome with fatigue. I could sleep for days it seems!
    I want to welcome all the newcomers. It is wonderful to see so many of us on the sober train!

Someone who keeps coming back...

Day 27 (I jumped the gun a bit there on Friday and gave myself an extra day)! 30 days here I come!
    I had a hard day on Saturday. Anxiety and stress made me say out loud, "maybe I should just have a drink". But a good friend reminded me of how great I've been feeling and I decided to meditate instead.
    Carol, thanks for the support and kind words. It has been a wonderful change.
    Jacx, I was you 27 days ago. Hungover, allowing my 6-year old to stay home from school (even typing it now makes my stomach turn, what an awful, awful day!). Ironically, I got drunk on vodka my last day and I have a stressful job...maybe we are long lost twins!
    You said you the "things you want to achieve creatively are so blocked". Me too! But you will never believe how quickly it comes back! This past 27 days have been unbelievable. I'm writing, thinking artistically, getting involved in my community...Ruth told me to "give it 30 days" and you'll see the difference.
    I'm going to pay her good advice forward...give this 30 days. I promise you the world will be a different place!
    SheRaPrincess I hope Friday night went ok. Let me know.
    Christy congrats on 5 months! That is so wonderful!
    Kat congrats on Day 1! You are awesome for not finishing the first beer and declining the second. I bet that wouldn't have happened in the past?
    Everyone else! Congrats on just being here on the forum!
    Have a great day!

Carol, you are so awesome! Well, all of you are. Yeppers, I made it through the entire weekend (including a party where the Patron flowed like a waterfall) and stayed dry as a gulch! So this must be....day four? Since this page was so busy, I went and started another thread called "Newbie"....so if anyone wants to visit me to seek/give mutual support, that's where you'll find me. Good luck, everyone....Oh, and I can't believe this is any coincidence, but so much happy, cool stuff has happened since I quit that I can not believe it's a coincidence. No way. The Higher Power's been giving me a big thumb's up....thank you everyone. xoxox

Smile

Thank you basset cat!!!!! I was feeling so alone before finding this wonderful forum, even today was my daughters transition day at her school for next year and I was sober happy to be there, last week I downed 2 beers before I could face it. But 30 days I look forward to..... You are an inspiration, as are everyone else, gives me the strength to know good things are coming xxxx
    Thanks to Bill as well, I filled my bottle of vodka up with water to a believable half full level so my husband would not think I had drunk the whole thing. And I too have pored many a bottle down the sink and drove almost possessed the next day to buy more.
    Day 2 all going well, I had a cat emergency this morning where my beautiful cat had been attacked by a dog she was not noticeably bleeding but I wonder if I wasn't sober would I have seen the tiny changes in her behavior to warrant concern and take her to the vet straight away.......xx I am so thankful for seeing the finer details again, not just swimming my way through the haze.... A long way to go but...even though I was awake at 5 am, day 2 greeted me with the most beautiful sunrise, light and love to you all xxx xxx namaste xxx have a great day everyone xxxxx
    Last edited by Jacx; 11-14-2011 at 05:53 PM.

And thanks Bill xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by serena View Post
    Hello everyone! I have to come here and say that although I don't post here...I read all of your words (I post on the other thread and know some of you from the 30 day challenge).

My husband quit drinking on the same day that I took my last hydro and although he is not on this forum I wanted to say congratulations to him!! The two of us hit our 90 day mark last week!! Both of us are free from any pills or alcohol! Just had to share as I am extremely proud of him!! Thanks for listening!
    Serena, that is sooooo awesome. Congratulations to both of you. I think it is fabulous that you two have done this together. Awesome, awesome awesome. You two have every reason to be proud of each other and yourselves...

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by serena View Post

Serena, i had missed your post earlier. That is soooooo awesome. Congratulations to both of you. I think it is fabulous that you two have done this together. Awesome, awesome awesome. You two have every reason to be proud of each other and yourselves...

Christy, congratulations on 5 months! I hope you don't mind if I remind everyone that you own a restaurant/bar and are exposed to alcohol all day and night. It is simply amazing that you have been able to get and stay alcohol-free! Woo hoo!

serena, congratulations to both you and your husband on 90 days free from pills and alcohol! It's so cool that you are in this together.

Hi, everyone. Hope you had a wonderful day free from alcohol!

Thanks Carol. Congrats to you also on 6 months. Shout out to you!

I just have to keep reminding myself with all the alcohol around, it is off limits for me. I know what would happen if i poured that first glass of wine. My husband also works the business with me and he quit drinking also. He used to drink regularly, but didn't have a problem giving it up as much as i did. We are in this together, he always tells me and our life together now is so much better without alcohol in the mix of it. Yes, we have a very stressful business, but it is much easier for both of us to deal with issues being sober at all times.

Christy's Freedom Day, June 12, 2011.

Have just lit 4 beautiful candles on the verandah for you all as day 2 for me draws to a close.
    PEACE LOVE HAPPINESS and GRATITUDE are the words that came in my mind as I did so.
    Christy congrats on 5 months and 6 for you carol amazing!!!!
    Millie Bill and Carol your words ate so soothing!!!!
    Kat and Danny how are you guys??? Hope it's been a good day.
    And finally Serena 90 days for you and your husband wonderful unity in this journey. Your beautiful quote about the view from the top resonated all day with me.... Thank-you!!!!!
    Have a wonderful day nite nite x

Hi all, Day 15 today. Havent been posting much but I'm reading and want to congratulate you on your successes, Day 2, Day 30 (I'm striving to get there again) through to Day 90s, to 5 and 6 monthers, well done, you so inspire me.

I dont have the euphoria I had when I stopped last time but I'm persevering and hope to turn a brighter corner soon. Love your stories, I can relate to all of them, been there done that - unfortunately. But, the past is the past, not drinking now so that's the main thing.

x