Add this infographic to your site with the code below:
- Prescription drug abuse is at epidemic levels.
- There were over 12 million prescription drug abusers in 2010.
- 100 overdoses per day in the United States alone.
- Prescription drugs kill more than heroin and cocaine combined.
- Only 14 percent of parents talk to their kids about prescription drug abuse.
- 25% of teens use prescription drugs that are not prescribed to them.
- …and yet, 2 out of 5 teens believe the medications are safer than street drugs.
- Unbelievably, some teens even believe that opiates will enhance their cognitive abilities.
- And of those who need treatment, roughly 10 percent actually get any.