Add this infographic to your site with the code below:
- About 1% of American adults — nearly 3 million people — are pathological gamblers.
- Another 2%–3% have less serious, but still significant problems.
- As many as 15 million Americans are at risk for gambling-related problems.
- In a survey of Gamblers Anonymous members, 52% reported alcohol abuse.
- College graduates (24%) are significantly more likely to gamble on sports than non?graduates (14%).
- In one study of Gamblers Anonymous members, only 8% of members had achieved abstinence for a year or more.
- Gambling occurs more in higher?income households (72% ) versus lower?income households (55%)
- 1 in 6 Americans gamble on sports each year.